Iowa Pet Adoptions assists pet owners seeking to find new homes for their pets. This service is for pet owners who want to keep their pet until the pet finds a new home.
We charge a $5 fee for assistance. This fee does not cover our costs. The fee is charged to discourage people who are not serious about finding a new home for a pet.
We provide assistance in three ways:
- posting pets on our website and adoption portals including PetFinder, AdoptAPet, and DogTime and CatTime
- contacting veterinary references of potential adopters, and performing a basic background check
- we have discount programs in place in case the pet needs to be neutered / spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, and so on prior to adoption - you will need to pay these costs yourself
All cats and dogs we place must be:
- spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated for rabies, vaccinated for other core diseases relevant to the type of pet
- friendly towards humans, no bite history - if a pet does not get along with other pet types that is fine, but you must let us and adopters know
You, the pet owner, will need to pay the costs to prepare your pet for adoption - spay / neuter, microchipping, vaccinations. The cost will be less than if you do this on your own because we have discounted service procedures. You will need to prepay or pay at time of service. Our goal is to only have pets listed which are human friendly, indoor pets.
While your pet is up for adoption, you will be contacted directly by potential adopters. You will need to respond to their questions. You should refer the potential adopter to our application so we can perform a reference check. You must let us know what happens with each inquiry. If you do not respond to inquiries, your pet will be removed from listings.
If you want to keep in touch with the adopter it is fine to ask. However, you should trust the adopter enough to trust their pet care abilities.
You must be logged in to fill out the form below.
LOGIN if you already have an account.
REGISTER to create a new account.